Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Facebook?


I'm getting old. I'm on facebook, but I have really no idea how it works. I can't even figure out how to upload pictures! I've got about 30 "friends" (didn't know I actually knew that many people!), and they seem to know what they are doing. I find it irritating, all the stupid stuff that goes on..."my virtual grass need watering"...you got a "poke" from X, So and So got a 1200 on this personality test, Here's an Angel for you!....how about you just chat about what's going on in your life? I guess some folks have too much time on their hands...that, or I'm just not "with it" anymore! I'm turning into an "old head", as the Ol' Man would say! I was thinking about that the other day. Not that my life is "over", but I'm at a time now that is completely separate from my "younger" life...the life I had in my 20's and 30's...on the move, working, partying with friends, travel, vacations. Now, it's home-body life. Baking cookies and sewing capes for the boys for Christmas, laundry, cutting coupons (I think it's pronounced COOpons, not Qupons...the word starts with a C, not a Q).

2 comments:

  1. I'm on facebook too but don't do all the other nonsense stuff! I go on occassionally to see new pictures of the grandbabies. Finito! Like you say, some (my DILs included) are on there all the time updating their status and doing tests and sending me stuff....they don't send stuff anymore knowing I never reply to that stuff. Anyway, I'm in the next stage as well....finally an empty nest after 30 years...I LOVE it!!!! And it is horrible to say, but I kind of get annoyed at having my routine interrupted by visiters...I KNOW, it's HORRIBLE! don't tell anyone else ok? I like my little world though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya...the Ol' Man calls me a hermit, and thinks I need to get out more...but, I love my little world too!

    ReplyDelete