Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Money, Money, Money, Money, Money....


I saw an interview with this smart guy, and he gave this analogy regarding the national debt, which, by the way, is $12,764.878,911,618.18. (www.treasurydirect.gov). With all the media coverage, a trillion is the "new" million. People don't appreciate how much a trillion is. Think of it this way....a MILLION seconds would take about 12 days to elapse. A TRILLION seconds would take 31,000 YEARS to elapse! AND, we are accruing $500 million a DAY in interest on our $12 TRILLION debt. The Obama administration plans on increasing the debt $1.5 TRILLION A YEAR FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS. How much longer do you think America can continue? We're all ready broke....it's going to be time to pay the piper, and there's no money in the kitty...We're screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment