Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A House


Abe Lincoln in his speech on June 18, 1858, at the Republican State Convention, and Jesus (Matthew 12:25) said it best, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." How much longer will this house stand? This Administration is doing it's best to tear this nation apart, and I can't, for the life of me, understand why.

1 - Suing Arizona, slamming them, verses tackling the problem, standing beside them, supporting them and helping them with the Illegal Alien problem; playing politics with the whole mess

2 - Taking from the "have's" to give to the "have-not's" (Anyone actually read the 2800+ health care "overhaul"?). I read that taxes are going to have to increase to help "pay" for it...although I seem to remember Congress saying that the overhaul was going to cut the deficit....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

3 - Failing to actually DO something about the oil spill (gee...it's STILL gushing over 60,000+ a DAY, and we're heading into day 64!!!!!), not to mention strong-arming BP and appointing a...claims czar (?) to hand out BP's money. This is not what I want my government to be doing.

4 - Anyone in the least bit concerned about our National Debt? $13+ TRILLION dollars that our elected leaders have no idea how to pay off. Not to mention that Congress has decided that they're not going to be able to pass a budget this year....

5 - How about the Economy? Unemployment is still over 9% (says the US Government). I suspect it's a lot higher. I'm waiting for the "double dip" to hit the fan....

When was the last time you read any national good news? When is this madness going to end? November 2010? 2012?


No comments:

Post a Comment