Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Hunt for the End of Red October

It's 1991. I'm in Saudi Arabia, it's the War - Desert Storm. It was the days of VCR tapes and snail mail. We're all sitting in the MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) tent, and someones wife sent a tape with The Hunt For Red October recorded on it. We're all sitting, engrossed in the movie, and about 10 minutes till the end, when the climax is hitting high gear......the tape ends. Just like that, it's over and we have no earthly idea how it ends! There was a huge groan that emitted from the crowd, and we all walked out, terribly disappointed. There was no Internet available for us to find out the end...we were lost.

Fast forward to 2010. The Ol' Man and I are flipping through the channels, and, lo and behold, what's on? The Hunt for Red October...Sean Connery in all his glory and Alex Baldwin looking young and handsome. We snuggle on the couch, and it begins to rain (thunder and lightning, to boot!) - WAIT FOR IT - just as we get within about 10 minutes from the end...we loose the satellite feed. AAAARRRGGGHHHH...could this really be happening? History repeating itself?

I think I've waited long enough. I'm ordering it from Netflix today. I will see the end! Nothing can stop me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment