Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!


Happy 4th of July, everyone! We're doing the standard 4th of July thing... BBQ, going to see fireworks. I made a 4th of July cake...we'll see how it tastes after dinner...keep your fingers crossed! Unfortunately, I used frozen strawberries (we bought strawberries on sale and froze a bunch of them)...and it probably would have been better to use fresh, because the frozen ones kinda "leaked"as you can see.... I'm a pretty good cook...but I'm one of those who must follow directions. I'm not a pinch of this or a dash of that kinda chef. I like the grill, because then the Ol' Man does the cooking. It's a manly thing...grilling. Something about taming the flames...it's very primitive, I think, and guy dig it. I like the grill because the Ol' Man does the cleanup too! There's just something absolutely "summer" about grilling. And watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment