Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Term Paper and Mother-in-Law visit

OK, I submitted my term paper for my college class today. This class was a pain in the a**, and I can't say I put forth full effort on the paper...to tell the truth, I pretty much bulls**ted my way through the whole thing! I'm pulling a B out of this class so far, and I'm good with that. Keep your fingers crossed my term paper flies. The Ol' Man's mom is visiting this week, which is cool, because we get along well (thank the Gods!). Bless her heart, every time we visit her at her house or she comes here, she brings with her tons of food. That's got to be a 'grandma" thing, because I remember my grandma always trying to feed us every time we came over. It's not like we don't have food here...the cupboards are full because (as anal as I am), we made a menu list for the week ahead and did all the shopping. But, here comes the mother-in-law, bags of groceries in tow even though we told her not to bring anything! And, it's not like you can get mad, because she's so sweet about it. She'll go with the Ol' Man on Friday to pick up the kids...and that makes me so happy! She'll get to interact with them for the week, giving me a break...and I love her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment