Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Watch This


You know how some people like to collect stamps, or figurines, or post cards? Well, the Ol' Man like to collect watches...and not just any watches. They've got to be expensive watches. Big, heavy expensive watches. I have to admit, it's partially my fault. I bought him his first big, expensive watch, and that got him hooked. He always liked nice watches, but he's a big guy (6'3") and since he got the big watch, "normal" watch sizes seem too small for him. I have to laugh, because every time he gets a watch he really wants, he says he happy and doesn't want any more watches...until Rolex or Omega, or some other high end watch company comes out with something new...then it begins again! I suppose there could be worse vices to have than collecting watches....like collecting antique cars, or diamonds, or something equally expensive. Of course, it would have been nice is he had gotten into collecting toys from Cracker Jack boxes....!

No comments:

Post a Comment