Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Friday, November 13, 2009

It's hard to find good help these days...

So, I'm at the grocery store, and, the green consumer that I am, I have cloth bags. I also have the "cold" bags - you know the ones, they have the shiny silver lining to keep the cold stuff cold till you get home. I hand the bags to the bagger girl, and, she starts putting stuff in the cold bags...but not cold stuff. By the time she get's to the "cold stuff" (i.e. meat, milk), there's no more room in the bags. How hard would it have been to put the room temp stuff in the regular cloth bags, and hold off on the cold bags till last, JUST IN CASE there was some cold stuff on down the line? Or, how about LOOKING at the groceries on the conveyor belt and SEEING that there's meat/milk that's going to be coming after the room temp stuff? Geez...it's not rocket science, bagging groceries, is it? I mean, you don't need even a high school education to get a job putting items in a bag, do you? Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment