Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Monday, November 23, 2009

What "Reform"?

I'm sure y'all have been keeping up with the "health care reform" (and I use that term very loosely!). What a joke. The American people put up a fit when they 1,000 page original version came out, and now, Congress is pushing through a 2,074 page package??? How many of Congressmen have actually read, much less understand, that bill?? From the news, the current version is going to cut Medicare, raise taxes, and will cost $2.5 TRILLION from 2014 to 2024. Talk about screwing our kids. I had gotten this e-mail and it went along the lines of Social Security is broke, the post office is broke, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac are broke (and are asking for another $25ish billion bailout, by the way), etc. (meaning, of course, that all these government programs are BROKE), and now Congress wants to run health care?? This country is some $12 TRILLION dollars in debt! Hello? What part of the Constitution provides for Universal Health Care?? What part of the Constitution gives Congress/the President the authority to (mis)manage Health Care?? The Ol' Man reads the headlines to me every morning, and it just turns my stomach. I've already called/e-mailed my "elected representatives" and told them I will NOT vote for ANY currently seated "elected representative"....we need those bums OUT!

2 comments:

  1. you complain about everything. why does your husband have to read to you? can't you read for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can read for myself, however, the Ol' Man LIKES to read the headlines to me while I'm cooking (breakfast/lunch/dinner). It's something we share together. Try reading some of my other posts...the more positive ones and comment on those!

    ReplyDelete