Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Monday, June 22, 2009

Cooking

I'm not much of a cook. Let me explain. I don't particularly enjoy cooking...taking hours and hours cutting, slicing, measuring, etc. and then it only takes 5 minutes to eat it - doesn't seem efficient to me. Anyhoo, I'm actually a pretty good cook, because I follow the recipe, so if it's a good recipe, it'll taste good. I'm not the kind of cook that can "taste test" a recipe and add a pinch of this or a dash of that. I tried that once...and the results were not pretty, so I stick to the recipe. Problem is that I've got a boat load of recipes from my mother-in-law (who's a fabulous cook), and, getting beyond reading her handwriting, she does the pinch/dash method. I usually have to have the Ol' Man interpret the recipe for me and help me the first time, so I can figure it out. I made fish cakes tonight (the recipe was on the back of the bag of fish), and what a pain in the a**. Remind me never to work in a fish cake factory. Getting the bread crumbs to stick - ack! Keep the faith that it tastes good....

No comments:

Post a Comment