Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

May the Gods bless all fathers...REAL fathers, not the sperm donors. We just took the boys back to their mother (we got them for the Father's Day Holiday), and peace reigns again in the house. It TRULY takes a special person to be a parent. I'm happy to say I only have to do it part time. I'm happy enough being "mom" to the 3 cats and the dog. But, the Ol' Man is so happy to have them around, it makes my heart happy to see him smile. I made brownies (alas, from a mix due to time constraints), and we had brownie/ice cream sundaes. Yum! (That'll be an hour on the rower...) The Ol' Man has turned the basement into the "ManCave"...which tickles the boy to no end. I, of course, being the Queen of the House, am allowed in the ManCave, much to the chagrin of the boys. Sunshine, finally today. We've had so much rain/damp weather that there's mushroom growing all over the lawn - which is driving the Ol' Man crazy...he really puts some time into making the lawn look like a golf course, so you can see how he would react to the mushroom epidemic. Hopefully, it'll dry out and he can get the lawn back to normal. This week's assignment for school was a group assignment, so, whew...that was pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment