Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Friday, June 12, 2009

Pittsburgh Penguins - Stanley Cup Champions!


KUDOS to the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team - winners of the NHL Stanley Cup! The Ol' Man is a HUGE Pittsburgh fan, and now, Pittsburgh is truly the City of Champions. First, the Steelers won the Superbowl, and now the Penguins. Daddy's Happy! We are not, however, holding our breath for the Pittsburgh Pirates (baseball). They suck.
On the Tour Pennsylvania motorcycle trip, we stopped by the Harley Davidson factory in York. We took the factory tour, which was super interesting. Amazing when you think that Harley and Davidson started in 1903 and made just 3 bikes...now, the company cranks out thousands. Made in America, by the Gods. If we lived closer, I'd get a job there - how cool would that be? Then again, maybe not. I really, REALLY enjoy being retired. I really, REALLY enjoy not having to hear the alarm clock go off every morning, draging my butt out of bed and running the rat race.

No comments:

Post a Comment