Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sheeple

I read an article on the Internet that was supposedly written by someone from...(Russia?). He called the American people, "sheeple", because we are too stupid to realize how this country is going down the drain. I have to agree with him. There seems to be a vast majority of "sheeple" in this country who could care less what happens outside their bubble of influence. The attitude of "if it doesn't affect me, I don't want to know". The Ol' Man sums it up as the Three Monkey syndrome - Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil..."If I don't see it, or refuse to hear about it, or talk about it...it doesn't exist". Except when it hits you right between the eyes and you loose your job, or your house, or your kid is a crack addict. The founding fathers have to be rolling in their graves at the direction this country is headed. Does anyone CARE that Congress is spending money faster than they can print it? Does anyone CARE that the President is considering giving the Federal Reserve (which, by the way, if you didn't know, is a PRIVATE BANK!) even MORE power? Does anyone really believe the recession is almost over when this country is puking out jobs at an alarming rate? The Russian was right...we're Sheeple...and we'll get what we deserve.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the folks you think are being sheep are actually HAPPY with the responsiveness of the new administration?

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...happy with a TRILLION DOLLAR budget? (I'm STILL trying to wrap my mind around that one...) Happy with socialized medicine? (Yeah, I want a bureaucrat deciding if I can have my broken leg fixed...) Happy with government ownership of private companies (GM anyone?) Happy with the "bailout" of the financial sector (AIG bonus' for everyone!)... I'm not thinking anyone should be "HAPPY" with the new (or the old, for that matter) administration...

    ReplyDelete