Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Quintessential Americana


Traveling through Pennsylvania, we met with, what I like to call, "quintessential Americana". We rode through many small towns that were just picture perfect. The town square, lined with shops on all sides, the big trees and bandstand in the middle, perfectly groomed lawns, flowers hanging from pots on the balcony's, American flags flying...just beautiful. That's something that you just don't get in the big cities. Very calming...it brought a smile to my face. The smells of the country side too...wildflowers, cow poo, the smell of dead animals on the side of the road, the warmth of the sun on your back, the sun playing hide and seek with the clouds...life doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment