Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Friday, August 28, 2009

Comfy Quilts


Thanks to all who gave their condolences about my mom. Being the pagan that I am, I will not grieve, but remember her with love and joy. One of the fond memories I have of my mom is that she always had something in her hands...sewing, knitting, crocheting, tatting....she never sat down empty handed. I like to do the same...I'm going to start two quilts soon. Both for my girlfriends - one for a 50th birthday, and one just because I love her. My one girlfriend is also a knitter, and she knitted me a beautiful afghan years ago, and I figure it's time to return the favor. I made the Ol' Man a flannel quilt that was pretty simple, so I'm going to repeat that quilt for my girlfriends. It's so warm and comfy...The Ol' Man loves his and I think (hope) they'll like theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment