Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Squash, again


So, we had squash and zucchini for dinner, I've made 4 loaves of squash bread, 2 loaves of zucchini bread, and I've still got 3 squashes left! The Ol' Man said, "throw them out!", but I just can't bring myself to waste like that (even if they were free from a friend). Waste not, want not...squash soup? Squash cookies? Squash pie? Squash fritters? Canned squash? Yeesh, I feel like that guy from Forrest Gump - the one that had a billion recipes for shrimp.

2 comments: