Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Combat Apron


The Ol' Man's favorite color is Milspec Multicam. I made cooking aprons for the boys a while back, and the boys decided you can't be a 'real' cook unless you wear an apron. The Ol' Man does all the grilling, and the boys decided he needed an apron...however, there was no way he was going to wear a "girly" apron...he wanted one made from Multicam (of course). I searched all over for Multicam, and could only find it on line, in a 5 yard bolt! Pricy, too...but, nothing's too good for the Ol' Man and the boys, so...here I go. Since I've got so much material, I decided to make 4 aprons. One for the Ol' Man, and 3 others for his best friends. I'm sure they'll get a big kick out of the manly-Multicam-grill aprons! I'm not quite finished yet...I've got to add beer holders (of course), as well as loops to hold grill tongs and other implements of destruction! The material is kinda weird...it's like it's plastic coated/waterproofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment