Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Poor Puppers

The Hound of the Baskervilles caught Lyme disease from a tick last year...pretty scary stuff. Last night, it seemed like he had a recurrence. Poor Puppers...he could barely walk, had liquid poo, and didn't want to eat anything. I called the emergency Vet, and he said keep him quiet, and call your vet in the morning. The HOB was much better this am, but still not his peppy self, so I called our vet and have an appointment at 10:45. I don't know if Lyme is a recurring/remission kind of disease, but I know that once dogs have it, it's in their system forever. Poor Mr. Poo...he was moving like he was 100 years old with arthritis...it broke my heart. I'm glad he's doing better this morning, but he's still going to the vet. Makes me think about when he gets "old". Rotties only live about (max) 10 (ish) years...it's going to be so sad when he dies. One of the pitfalls of owning a pet, I suppose....

No comments:

Post a Comment