Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Monday, July 19, 2010

Fat Report

Have y'all heard? The US Government is, under the new rules of the stimulus law (not even the ridiculous Health care Overhaul!), going to now "monitor" your fat.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/17/feds-monitor-obesity-white-house-promotes-obama-cook-senior-position/

According to a Fox news article (see above), "the Health and Human Services announced this week that under the stimulus law, health care providers must establish "meaningful use" of electronic health records to qualify for federal subsidies or risk seeing their Medicare and Medicaid payments slashed. The electronic health records must include Americans' body mass index, or BMI, height and weight."

Pardon my French, but, WTF??? What EARTHLY business is it of Uncle Sam how much I weigh? Oh, yeah, since the Government is taking over everything, distributing everything, controlling everything, they need to KNOW everything...including my weight. That way, they can tell me I can't have X or Y or Z because I weigh too much. Or that my insurance will cost 12x more because I'm overweight. Or I'm not allowed to buy Twinkies.

They've taken over health care, finances (yeah, that passed with little fanfare, unfortunately), they're working on climate control (and you can only vaguely imagine how that's going to spread it's magic fingers into every aspect of our lives from what kind of car you can drive to what kind of deodorant you can buy...). I just wonder, even if the voters "kick the bums out" in November, if this stuff can be reversed. Can this country change course? I should imagine it's going to be like trying to turn the Titanic before it hits the iceberg...or have we already hit it and only the mechanics down in the depths of the ship know the real damage? Let the orchestra play on....

2 comments: