Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tango Uniform

One of our computers went "Tango Uniform" (that's "tits up" in military lingo!), and the other one is on it's last legs. Since both the Ol' Man and I are going back to school (both of us on-line) next month, I figured I'd have to pry the locks off the check book and buy a new one. I shopped around and found one on sale at BestBuy for $300. Nothing fancy, but enough to do the job. When I got to the store, they only had 3 left, and all 3 had been pre-installed by the GeekSquad, for the low, low price of $69.99. I told the sales girl that I didn't want that, but I guess I was stuck...she said, yeah...so I asked her if she could cut me a break. She talked to her manager and came back with, "We'll deduct $70 from the price of the computer"...which was basically giving me the computer for $300 (the sale price), and throwing in the pre-loaded/installed stuff free. I was good with that. Now, all I have to do is re-load all my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment