Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wal-Mart People

I don't know how many of you have received the 'Wal-mart People" e-mail,...the one with pictures of, well, just plain every-day folk who shop at Wal-mart. You can check out the website here: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ Judge not, least we be judged...but, holy cow! Do some of these folks even look in a mirror before the go out the door? I have to admit, I don't always dress to the 9's when I walk out the door, but I am presentable. The Wal-mart people who dress, shall we say, "differently" may live in their own world and have their own sense of fashion - which is fine by me. I don't have a problem with folks who march to a different drummer. It's the folks who have body parts (or just body!) hanging out, who are dirty, or sweaty, barefoot or wearing clothes 3 sized too small that I have an issue with. What has become of our society that makes it acceptable to go shopping in your underwear? The economy isn't the only thing going down the toilet these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment