Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coffee


I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my 30's. I had a late start. The only time I had ever tried coffee, it was harsh, bitter, so I didn't bother. Then, I had a fabulous friend who introduced me to the wonderful world of Java. It was when I was stationed in Germany, and the Base Exchange had just opened a coffee shop. He bought me a hazelnut latte and I've been hooked ever since. It didn't taste like the coffee I had in the past, it tasted more like CANDY! Had I but known the joys of coffee earlier. I'm not a black coffee drinker...but a flavor coffee drinker. I'm currently enjoying a hot cup of chocolate truffle gourmet coffee from Folgers. Bless their hearts. I also like chocolate raspberry (why don't you pronounce the 'p'?), and vanilla biscottie. I do like hearty roasts and I take cream and sugar, thank you. I think of coffee as grown up chocolate milk. I can't say I'm addicted...but I sure do love it and don't particularly like starting my day with out it. Oh, yeah...it stopped snowing, but there's plenty of white stuff on the ground. The Ol' Man returns today from his "man time"...I'm sure glad he'll be home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment