Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Friday, February 5, 2010

Mad Max?

Yeah.....Congress just raised the debt ceiling, job losses are all over the news, foreign country's are going bankrupt, the housing market is still in the tank, etc., etc., etc.,....is the end near? The Ol' Man and I had a discussion about "the end", and what it will mean. Will the world's economies and civilizations go completely Tango Uniform and Mad Max will be a reality? Will there be a complete collapse of governments? That's one side of the coin. The other side is that there'll still be "functioning" governments, but it'll be the wheel-barrow-full-of-money-for-a-loaf-of-bread scenario. Either way....whether it happens next year or 10 years from now, how do you plan for this? Does anyone else even think about planning for this vision of the future? We are so entangled in technology...will people be able to live with out electricity, if it comes to that? What's going to happen on 12/20/2012 when all the stars and planets align with the center of the Milky way Galaxy? Am I TOTALLY off base even thinking along this line? Should I stick my head in the sand and just be concerned with my little sphere of influence and hope for the best and have the don't-worry, be-happy mindset? AAACCKKKK! I can't do that!

3 comments:

  1. You have some problems. the world is not going to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says you. How can anyone know what the future holds? I'm sure the folks during the Great Depression didn't plan on that....or the Japanese after the atomic bomb dropped...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the world comes to an end, it will be the human race that does it in, not the alignment of the planets.

    ReplyDelete