Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bad Mouth or the Truth?


An anonymous reader found it ironic that I get my paycheck from the same government that I "bad mouth". I don't see it that way. I truly believe, that after serving my country, faithfully and honorably for over 20 years, I am entitled to and worked for the paycheck I receive, regardless of how I feel about our current administration. Also, as my favorite founding father said: All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson. Here's a few more quotes from TJ that I particularly like:


Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. (does this ring a bell with anyone??)


I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Unfortunately, our political leaders have failed to heed the advice of Jefferson. There are too many people ready, willing and able to "remain silent" and allow their liberties to be taken away under the government's "pretense of taking care of them". It's unfortunate that there are those who would call the dissenter's "un-american", or "un-patriotic" or "bad mouthing" the government, when that's exactly what we should be doing. Jefferson also said, "Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." I'm not willing to remain silent, and neither should you.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to change things so bad, why don't you run for a political office instead of just talking and bad mouthing everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you talk the talk, then walk the walk.

    ReplyDelete