Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Finished Quilt







Well, that took long enough - but it's finished. Now, maybe the younger one will quit nagging me! ha ha ha...just in time for the older son to start on me about his quilt! The top was patched together by my ex-mother-in-law, and the quilting is a hand-quilted all-over teacup pattern. I don't really know where I got the material for the backing, but I think it was from a "donation" from my mother-in-law. She was cleaning out a friend's house and came across a bunch of fabric and quilting stuff, which she gave to me! (Thanks, L!) The boarder is material I brought back with me from Africa. I made the binding myself from some scrap material I had on hand. Nothing fancy, but it was made with love. Only 5 more quilts to go...the neighbor lady loved the flannel quilt I made for the Ol' Man and she'd like me to make one for her grandson, I've got to finish the Africa quilt, the older son's quilt and the two quilts for my girlfriends...gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment