Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Imagine This....




If you lived in Massachusetts' , and they pass this "pandemic response bill" ("Pandemic Response Bill" 2028 ) which was was passed by the Massachusetts state Senate on April 28 and is now awaiting approval in the House, then, as stated in the bill, upon declaration by the governor that an emergency exists that is considered detrimental to public health or upon declaration of a state of emergency, a local public health authority, with approval of the commissioner, may exercise the following authorities (and this is just a sample!):

- to require the owner or occupier of premises to permit entry into and investigation of the premises (ummm...search warrant anyone? Bill of Rights, Article IV of the Constitution???);
- to close, direct, and compel the evacuation of, or to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated any building (my house?) or facility;
- to restrict or prohibit assemblages of persons (huh? Silly me, I thought this was a guaranteed right, written into the Constitution...like THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS???), ;
- to control ingress to and egress from any stricken or threatened public area, and the movement of persons and materials within the area (Your papers, please);
- to collect specimens and perform tests on any animal, living or deceased (say goodbye to Spot);

Talk about a slippery slope....where does it end? Are you willing to let the government (State or Federal) come into your house without warrant to "investigate"...what, exactly? Restrict your right to peacefully get together with your friends, family or even drive down the street? And this is the scary part...it's all under the guise of "we're doing this because it's good for you". Sorry, but I don't want the government deciding what's "good for me". I'm perfectly capable to doing that myself. This should scare the crap out of every red blooded American citizen...

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that all your income comes from the goverment you bad mouth.

    ReplyDelete