Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I sneeked...


There's this quilting website (http://www.bonniebluequilts.com/) that I found out about when I went to the quilt show (I picked up a flyer). I visited the site and found out that they had a quilt kit on sale. According to their website, they specialize in, "reproduction quilt designs and fabrics from the early 1800's and Civil War era. Original quilt patterns, unique reproduction fabric bundles and quilt kits"...exactly the kind of quilts the Ol' Man loves! Now, I'm the kind of quilter with no imagination - I can't design my own quilts, and it's a struggle just to figure out the material/colors to use! So, for me, the quilt kits are a perfect solution. They provide the directions AND the fabric, already figured out. All you have to do it put it together...which I can do joyfully! So, they had this quilt kit on sale ($75 down from $125 - saving $50!) and the Ol' Man liked it. I said I was going to buy it, and he said, "You've already got 5 projects going - you don't need another one"...and he right, but, since when has wants versus needs every come into play??! I WANT the quilt kit, it's on sale, so I bought it. I haven't told him yet. Somehow, I don't think he'll be too angry...and he'll be even happier when the quilt is done. I was stationed in Korea while I was in the military. I had a girlfriend who was stationed there before me, and she said people "go broke saving money" because everything is so cheap, you end up buying a lot of stuff. Not a bad way to go broke, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, quilting is a USEFUL hobby! That's how I justify it, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment