Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sob, Sob, Weeping, Gnashing of Teeth....

I love this country...I truly do. I spent 20 proud years in it's military, taking an oath to defend and protect this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic. It seems to me that a huge threat to this country comes directly from Congress. Check out this link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090930/pl_politico/27732 Here's my rant:
ARE THEY KIDDING ME? Who else in this country (besides the financial sector...but that's another post) is getting an INCREASE in cost-of-living? Since when did the cost of living increase this past year? All the headlines are screaming about this country going down the toilet...unemployment rate increasing, banks failing, companies going bust...AND, they wait till the 11th hour to pass this? According to the article, the vote already passed the house (gee, what a surprise), and is due to go to a vote tomorrow (the LAST day of the fiscal year!) in the Senate. Being the good citizen that I am, I called my Congressman and Senators...and, surprise, surprise, my Congressman voted for, and neither Senator knew how they were going to vote (yeah....right). Even the lackey at Turncoat Specter's office said Specter didn't know how he was going to vote, even though Specter has a provision in the bill for a " $500,000 “pilot program” for office mailings was included at the request of Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.)" Like we need that right now? Another underling at Casey's office justified the increase by saying that the government's role has increased, therefore, they needed an increase in funds...and therein lies the problem...the government's role INCREASING! WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. We need LESS government, not more...especially when we're footing the bill. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment