Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Friday, January 15, 2010

Are you Kidding Me?


The headlines just make me PHYSICALLY SICK. Every day, the news reports the "progress" made on the healthcare bill, which, by the way, is UNFAIR! WRONG! BIASED! According to the New York Post today, more backdoor deals are cut to get this monstronsity passed: “The sweetheart deal, hammered out behind closed doors (so much for transparancy!), will save union employees at least $60B over the years involved, while others won't be so lucky – they'll have to cough up almost $90B. The 40% excise tax on what have come to be called “Cadillac” health-care plans would exempt collective-barganing contracts...” So much for “all men created equal”...I guess I'll have to move to Nebraska and join a union! I fax my elected representatives every day...and today, every phone line was busy, so I tried to call...busy. I hope they're getting the message! It just makes me wonder...what is the spark going to be that blows the powder keg of resentment wide open?

3 comments:

  1. I go agree with you! What are we going to do??? I feel powerless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you! What can we do? None of them will listen to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya, Sweetie. The only thing I can say is call, fax, e-mail your elected representatives - DAILY. I do. I also attend Tea Party events, and plan on voting in November. We all better do something to let Washington know how we feel!

    ReplyDelete