Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Holy Mother of the Gods!




It's FREEZING here! Literally....I'm not kidding. Our heating bill is going to be sky-high, considering the rate cap that's been in place since '96 expired, and the rates are going to increase by 30% this year....sigh. At least we've got heat! I can't imagine living back in the day when all you had was the fireplace that heated the whole house. I swear I don't know how they did it...they were a ton tougher than I'll ever be. I am, however, frugal. We do have a fireplace in the house (not used for primary heating, of course), and I make home-made fire starters. You can buy them in the store for a boat load amount of coin, but I make my own using cardboard egg cartons, lint from the dryer, and old candle wax...granted, they're not the prettiest things, but there's no waste here! They work like a charm. The Ol' Man laughed at me at first, but he's a convert now. A penny saved....

No comments:

Post a Comment