Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, January 31, 2010

PDW

I don't know if I told you, but I'm a Motorcycle Safety RiderCoach. Every year we have to attend a one day Professional Development Workshop to learn new techniques, get updates, etc. I enjoy teaching folks to ride motorcycles, but I can't say I enjoy the PDWs. The instructors are great...they do their best to make it interesting, entertaining and educational, but...you always get "that guy" who has to always ask a billion questions, and goes on and on about his specific situation. You just want to strangle him while shouting, "SHUT UP ALREADY!" One other benefit is that every year we get a new hat, shirt, and this year, we got fleece lined wind-breakers...that was cool. Did anyone watch (or care about) the Pro Bowl? I'm rooting for the Saints in the Superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment