Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Haiti

I really don't care about Haiti. It was a dump before the earthquake, and it's a dump now...with fewer people. I disagree with spending $100 Million additional taxpayer dollars on Haiti. According to Wikipedia, "According to a World Bank report published in 2004, Haiti requires more than US$1.3 billion in aid for 2005 and 2006. In July 2004, a donors’ conference awarded Haïti more than US$1 billion in pledged aid for 2005 and 2006. The United States pledged US$230 million in aid through fiscal year 2006." Like that money was well spent (not). How interesting is it that Haiti and Dominican Republic are on the same island, and you sure don't hear the DR screaming for foreign aid. Doesn't America have enough of our own problems? We sure don't have an extra $100 Million laying around to share. Horrible things happen every day...we can't be the savior of the world. If that's harsh, so be it. My dad said to me, "Look out for #1, because no one else will". I'm looking out for #1...and that doesn't include texting "haiti" to 90999 to donate $10 to a country that's a soup sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment