Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Finished!







I finally finished the Elder Step-son quilt. I did a kinda cheaty thing...I hand quilted some of it and machine quilted other parts. I hand made the binding from an old dress I had (love that use of recycle!). I don't know if you can see that in the pictures...I quilted a different pattern on each different strip/pattern of material, versus an all-over pattern like I did for the Younger's quilt. Granted, my quilting probably leaves a lot to be desired, but it's made with love and I think it turned out pretty nice. Now, the Elder Step-son can get off my back, and it's time to start the next project. I've got to get off my butt and work on the Africa quilt, and I've got another flannel quilt (a Simple Star Civil War inspired one) that the Ol' Man picked out that I want to make too. I went through and semi organized my material the other weekend, and it made me want to start on some new quilts! However, until I get the Africa quilt done, and the Simple Star done, as well as my school work (I've started a new semester in pursuit of my Master's), I don't think I'll be able to start any new projects for a while. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment