Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Alarm Clocks and Dog Shows


Vlad was (note the word was) registered for the 20th Anniversary National Seiger Show today. His Youth class was scheduled for 0800 with check in at 0700. The alarm clock was set for 0400 (ugh!), and we were suppose to leave the house at 0500, as it was a two hour drive to get to the show grounds in NY. You can see it coming, can't you? When I looked at the clock this morning, it said 0549...at which time I promptly turned over and went back to sleep. It seems like the dog got a hold of the alarm clock one too many times and it finally gave up to ghost. I guess he didn't really want to get up at 0400 either, that, or he didn't want to go to the show. Anyway, there went the $50 registration fee (aaarrrggghhhh!) and I'm off to the store to buy a new alarm clock. Maybe I'll get one of those wind up ones that have the big bells on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment