Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Friday, May 29, 2009

Thanks!

I was chastised by an anonymous reader for the perceived bad attitude of my blog posts. "All you do is complain", they said. I didn't realize that my posts were so negative - generally, I'm not a negative person; actually, I like to think of myself as positive (versus negative). I have a lot in my life that makes me happy - The Ol Man, the kitties, The Hound (when he's being a good boy), a good cup of coffee, my quilting, college (kinda, although the current class I'm taking is kicking my a**!), fresh fruit, our upcoming motorcycle trip, the Jeep, the smell of laundry that been dried in the sunshine, candles, corresponding with my friends, containers, baking, the fact that I'm retired and don't have to work. I have to say thanks to that anonymous reader for making me realize that I need to refocus on the good stuff more. Granted, I'll not always be sunshine and roses, but, focusing on the positive stuff, the good stuff, makes me a happier person, and I like that. Sometimes, we need an outside point of view to make us see the forest for the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment