Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Losers

I wonder if people who are losers know they are losers. Or people who are ugly (I mean, really ugly) know they're ugly. Do stupid people know they're stupid? Is it all based on perspective? I don't think so...if you've been in jail more than twice, I'd classify you as a loser. Does making bad choices make you a loser? I'd say yes. There's just plain stupid, like burning your hand on the stove (multiple times), and then there's really stupid, like trying to outrun the cops. I'd have to classify people into good looking (as accepted by society) against those not so good looking...I don't think people can be physically ugly...but there can sure be some ugly personalities. Can you help it if you're a loser, stupid or ugly? I'd have to say yes to all. I'm a firm believer in the concept of free will. If you're not mentally retarded, I think it's lame to blame your short-comings on your parents, your neighborhood, your school, your friends, etc. etc. Step up to the plate and take responsibilities for your decisions...is it really that hard?

2 comments:

  1. Beck penned the lyrics "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?" and I think he's so cool! But maybe I'm a loser. I know what you're gonna say, Cherry Red, "You're not a loser JB! You’re my friend!" But hey, I have friends who have been incarcerated repeatedly & that, by your definition, makes them losers...but I digress. I think many losers think they're cool & many cool people think they're losers, which makes them even cooler, because they're humble:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, I also said people can change...once a loser, not always a loser...it's a choice! If you keep chosing wrong, that makes you a loser. People who end up in jail more than once didn't learn the lesson the first time and continued to make bad choices. If you stop making bad choices you stop being a loser...and, by the way, I think your cool and not a loser. Love CR

    ReplyDelete