Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer Time!


Man, it was so nice today...it was in the 70's, we picked up the bikes from the mechanic, the Ol Man mowed the lawn, I did some training with the Hound. We have the boys this weekend, and they had a blast OUTSIDE. They live in New Jersey with their mother and we get them every other weekend. Since she lives in a "city" environment, they boys don't get a lot of run-around-crazy-in-the-grass time, so when they come up here, they have a blast. They love chasing the dog, riding their bikes, running barefoot in the grass (wasn't that a movie?). We take them back tomorrow and then we're outta here on Monday for the Tour Pennsylvania Motorcycle Extravaganza. I CAN'T WAIT! It's been ages since I did a long motorcycle trip, and I'm so excited! We're going to be taking back roads, so it should be pretty sweet! I had a T-shirt that said, "If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand." There's just something about being on the bike...something you feel inside, like one of those slow motion flowers blooming. A rush of "wonderfulness" that's pretty much indescribable...you really just have to experience it. I suppose other people have their "rush thing", be it painting, hang gliding, cooking, working on cars...what ever. It's just that THING that makes it all worth it. I would hope everyone has it...or if you don't, get out there and find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment