Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thoughts on Step-Parenting




We got the kids this weekend...and the Ol Man, I'm so very happy he's mine. He knows my feelings about kids, and that I do my absolute best when it comes to them. He also know that it's difficult for me, and gives me "alone time" when the kids are here. I understand that the boys are the most important things in his life, and that he has a responsibility to them,. He makes me feel just as important as they are, and that's priceless. It's not easy being a step-parent, knowing which lines not to cross, and the Ol Man supports me every step of the way. That makes it easier on me, and I thank him for that. I look forward to the day that the boys are older, like when they can cut up their own food! Everyone says it gets harder when they get older, but...at least I'll be able to hold a decent conversation without having to explain all the big words! Only 13 years to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment