Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Africa Quilt


I've been a quilter for about 9 years. I'm not one of those rabid quilters (yes, you know who you are, and there's nothing wrong with being a rabid quilter!), but more of an off-and-on, occassional quilter. I've only completed 2 quilts....hmmmmm, maybe I'm more of an "off" quilter! I've got 3 quilts in progress - #1 is the Africa Quilt, which I've been working on since I was posted in Africa as a Foreign Service Officer (Diplomat). They've got some of the greatest fabrics in Africa....really wonderful. I bought a bunch while I was there, and it's now sitting on a shelf, waiting for the next project. Oh, yeah, I've been working on the Africa Quilt since....2004. Only 5 years. As you can tell, I'm in no rush. I'm also working on quilts for my two step-sons. Those two have been in progress for only 2 years. I'll keep you updated on the progress!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, nothing really to say, just trying to get this to work. I see some have been responding. Nice to keep in contact with friends. dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab quilt!

    ReplyDelete