Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fridge Magnet

I use to have a fridge magnet. It was a simple black and white square that read, "Be Nice Or Leave. Thank You" I really liked that. It was simple, direct, polite and to the point. And, easy enough to follow. It doesn't cost anything to be nice. There are so many mean, nasty people in the world today who are miserable. I remember seeing a bumper sticker that said, "Mean People Suck" If they would just "be nice", their lives would be so much richer and they wouldn't suck. Who would you rather be around...someone who's always crabby, irritable and mean, or someone who's happy, nice and fun? That's pretty much a no brainer. Hanging around people who are a bummer just brings me down. My life's too short for that. I want my life filled with happiness and joy, not mean people. I, therefore, don't hang around mean, unhappy folks. And, if those folks are my friends, I behooves me to try to cheer them up, because if they're happy, then I'm happy....and, when you come right down to it, it's really all about me, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment