Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Friday, May 8, 2009

Dogs and Socks


Vlad, the hound of the Baskervilles, delights in socks...dirty, clean, it doesn't matter. He's gotten very good at taking the socks out of the laundry basket. He doesn't eat them, or chew them up...he just holds them in his mouth, or lays them between his feet, like some kind of grand prize. He knows he's not suppose to have them because he get's that "look"...like, "I know I'm not suppose to have it, but I do!" The ol' man can say, "Fooy!" (which means no to Vlad), and he'll drop the sock like a hot rock. Me, Vlad just laughs and runs away, saying, "Ha Ha! Catch me if you can! I've got the sock and it's a game! Ha ha!" Damn dog...Note to self: buy a hamper with a lid.

1 comment: