Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Being a Step-Mom, I have to give BIG (make that HUGE) KUDOS to all the mother's out there. I never had the desire to have children, and having step kids completely reinforces that. The Ol Man's kids are good kids. But, I really don't see the point to children. You must feed them, clothe them, wash their clothes, bitch at them, praise them...and for what? So they can grow up and be productive citizens? So they can take care of you when you're old? Yeesh, how long does that take? And, there's no guarantee they won't grow up and be serial killers or s**t heads. It's non-stop and a crap shoot. And, they're expensive! There are two TV shows, one is Nanny 911 and the other is SuperNanny. Both shows involve STUPID parents who can't control their children and the Nanny has to come in and give them a lesson on parenting. I watch it so I know what I'm suppose to do, and not screw up too much.

2 comments: