Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Monday, May 4, 2009

A Pagan Chant

Bide by Nature's Laws I must
In perfect Love and perfect trust
Earth and Wind comb through my hair
Fire and Water are everywhere

The gods, their blessings is all I ask
In all my daily toils and tasks
Keep me safe and whole and true
In all I say and think and do

Merry meet and merry part
The gods, may they keep me close at heart

I say this all the time...when ever I need to calm down, relax, or when I think I'm going to do something stupid. I repeat it when I'm going to sleep at nigh, when I'm walking in the woods, when I need the extra push to get something done. I don't use "religion" as a crutch, (I personally don't believe in "religion" per se). I don't credit the gods with my success' or failures. I use my spirituality (versus "religion") to guide me, to open my heart and eyes to new things. OK, so it doesn't always work, but it can't hurt to give it a try once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment