Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Remain Calm, All is Well



So, let me get this straight...the housing market hasn't yet bottomed out (double digit declines!), the unemployment rate is still rising and corporations are still s**ting jobs at an incredible rate (as of May 8, according to the Beureau of Labor Statistics, the number of unemployed persons increased by 563,000 to 13.7 million in April, and the unemployment rate rose to 8.9 %!), states and the US Federal Government are bleeding rivers of red ink, numerous stores are closing their doors and/or declaring bankruptcy (Circuit City, K-B Toys, Linens & Things, Levitz, GM...) and according to all the news channels, THE RECESSION IS ALMOST OVER!!! Whooo Hoooo! Excuse me? Am I missing something here? And, (gasp!) Ashton Kutcher threatens to leave Twitter! The Horror! The Horror! Does anyone else see the inconsistency here? How can the recession be almost over when the entire country is going down the drain? Call me a pessimist, but I don't see anything turning around any time soon. But, hey, who the hell am I to be such a nay-sayer! Go spend money and let's all work together to get even deeper into debt and save our country!! or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment