Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Monday, May 18, 2009

Kitty, Kitty, Kitty


My "love cat", Bok Choy, gets miffed when she can't sit in my lap. I'm hand quilting a quilt for the youngest boy, and I've got this nifty lap frame. Only problem is, of course, that the cat can't sit on my lap, so she gets an attitude. The other two (sorry, I forgot to mention that in addition to the two boys and one Hound of the Baskervilles (HotB), we've got three cats...) are more "normal" cats and pretty much ignore us. As long as I clean the litter box and feed them daily, they pretty much just laze around the house. Unless, of course, the HotB is around, then they scoot down into the basement...where the HotB is unable to go. Kinda like a Kitty Sanctuary. Of course, the Ol Man has his Man Sanctuary in the basement too, which, on occassion conflicts with the cats...like when the cats sit on his stuff. He gets a bit miffed himself. He would like nothing beter than for the HotB to "play" with the cats, but, as luck would have it, the boys love the cats, so they are saved from almost certain death.

No comments:

Post a Comment