Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Where Did Yesterday Go?

The older you get, the faster time goes. Time is a very elastic thing. When you are a kid, time crawls when you are in school, and travels at the speed of light during summer vacation. Once you "grow up", time starts to speed up like a plane going down the runway. You look at the clock, and suddenly, it's 5:00pm, or it's May, or it's 2009! Yikes! How did I get this old, this fast? It's not that I don't feel old - sometimes, my body feels really old - the aches and pains. Mentally, I feel like an adult because of all of my life experiences, college, etc. Compared to someone who's 95, I'm relatively young, but to a 7 year old, I'm practically ancient! If I died tomorrow, I'd be considered young, but if I died at 90, I'm just "middle aged" - boy, doesn't that sound nice! (not) I see other's at my age and wonder, "do I look that old?" My mom was a grandmother at my age...but I certainly don't feel grandmotherly...especially with the Ol Man's kids around. So, back to the original question...where did yesterday go? Or last year, or the last 10, 20, 30 years? There's a 2007 country song by Kenny Chesney called, "Don't Blink", ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ySSg4QG8g ) and the refrain goes like this:

"Don't blink — Just like that, you're six years old and you take a nap
And you wake up and you're twenty-five
And your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink — You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads
Next thing you know your better half
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me, friends, a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink"

I'm trying my best to keep my eyes wide open...I don't want to miss a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment