Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The "B" word

That would be budget. Or, as the Ol Man likes to say, "The Spending Plan". I found this website (www.mint.com) that you plug in all your info and it shows you where you are spending your money, or overspending on your budget - automatically! It takes a little time to get all the information input into the program, but once you do, it gets the updates from your bank, loans, investments, etc. Like, I had no idea we had spent $1,055 on the freekin pets since January! You can compare your spending habits to people in your state or major cities. You can input your house, cars, jewelry, art, etc., and it will calculate your net worth. It also has links to ways you can save money. Since I'm so frugal, I like to know where every penny goes, and this sure beats the old paper and pencil, or even my Excel spreadsheet, for that matter! It's pretty cool...you might want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment