Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fat People Rant


In a few words - I HATE working out. Of course, I hate being out of shape even more. I'm not fat...I've seen fat people. I saw a show on TLC a few days ago..."Half Ton Mom". This woman weighed in at 840+ pounds. She was bed ridden for 4 years. She was called "super morbidly obese". It's not enough to be obese, or even enough to be morbidly obese...she was SUPER morbidly obese! How does that happen for the gods sake?? So, she goes in for the gastro-bypass surgery and ends up dying about 2 weeks later, leaving 2 daughters behind. The point of the surgery was to make her stomach the size of a walnut (or some such nonsense). Here's my question - she's bedridden, right? Meaning she CAN'T get out of bed - not even to feed herself. So, who's bringing her the 14 McDonald's hamburgers and fries, AND WHY? Hello!!! I'd be like, "here you go, honey, here's your cup of jello and a pretzel stick - enjoy! And, when you're done, lift these 5 pound weights over your head a couple of times." I just don't get how people can get sooooooo fat that they can't get out of bed! I can't wrap my mind around people who weigh 300+ pounds! There was another show about fat people and the one guy said, "I eat healthy - I eat oranges"...of course, he then went on to say that he at 40 oranges in ONE SITTING! D'OH! Are people really that stupid? That lazy? That weak in the mind/body? I grinds on me when you hear fat people say, "I've tried everything to loose weight"...really? How about exercising more and eating less - have you tried that??!! I can guarantee you that it will work. Quit whining, quit making excuses - there are more than enough books, web pages, support groups, etc. if you need help. Bottom line, though, it's up to you - get it through your brain. I don't like fat people. And I like fat people who make excuses even less.

3 comments:

  1. I want to be just like you when I grow up. It must be nice to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do not post comments that are submitted

    ReplyDelete
  3. right on the mark

    ReplyDelete