Amazon #1

Quiltvertiser #1

Welcome to My World

The rantings, philosophies, and memories of a retired military, ex-diplomat, tattooed biker chick, quilting o'lady, pagan college student step-mom.

No guilt trip here - I refuse to to cave into that trap - about anything. Everything happens for a reason (Karma? Fate? Destiny? Dumb Luck? or Free Will...) and it is what it is. I've come to a point in my life where I can accept that.

Eveyone always told me to write a book, because I have so many funny stories, life experiences, unique view points...but, a book? What a pain in the ass. Blogging seemed like the next best thing, so, if you're ready (and there's room enough for everyone!) fire up the bikes and lets ride....

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Response to comments

I got a few comments on my Fat rant - check them out. I'm not perfect, and never said I was. Everyone has their own opinions/feelings/ideas, and just because my ideas don't agree with your ideas don't make mine wrong or yours wrong either, for that matter. I think that's part of the problem with society today - the idea that we all have to like each other, we all have to get along, the idea that you can't say anything that will offend anyone else, the idea of "political correctness". What a bunch of crap. There are going to be people who agree with me and people who don't, and that's what makes life interesting. How boring would it be if we were all alike? It's your life, and that's the beauty of it all...you can pick and choose who to be friends with, who to hang out with, where to work, play, eat, sleep. Who says I have to like everyone? Or get along with everyone? No one can force me to like someone else, and if I don't like you or you don't like me, that's OK. It's not the end of the world. There's a reason for the saying, "birds of a feather flock together". Why would I hang out with someone I don't like?

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry. you stated you don't like fat people.
    not much difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you don't like fate people, does that me you don't like the fat people in your family, or are there no nfat people in your family

    ReplyDelete